Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When it Rains it Pours!

Rain, Rain and more Rain! Here in So California we are getting one of are worst storms since 2005!

I am starting my 7th week of my strength training at the gym. I decided Sunday evening to take a look at were I was at with the amount of weight I was using and the types of exercises I was performing. I feel it may be time to evaluate my progress with my trainer when I speak to him tonight.

They say as a newbie that you will show some gains about 4-6 weeks into your program. I will have to say that this has been true for me. My clothes are fitting different and my wife has noticed my "luv handles are shrinking" was I excited to hear this!

Sunday, I took what I was doing and modified it a bit on a couple fronts. I increased the amount of weight with some exercises and replaced a few of the exercises with others that work the same muscle groups. Yesterday, I decided to try one of my plans. I was pleased and will have my trainer take a look and get his recommendations tonight.

I am not looking to get HUGE! just tone up. From what I have read and the few people I have spoken to they say it may be difficult to both build muscle and lose fat. Since I am a newbie when it comes to lifting weights I may be in a situation were I hit a wall soon and I may have to concentrate more on fat loss then building muscle in the future.

At any rate I will figure it out and do what I need to do to meet my goals, but until then I will continue with what I am doing!

1 comment:

  1. It's great when the wife notices! My wife made my day the other day when she said I was starting to show some definition!

    ReplyDelete