Sunday, January 17, 2010

What a Week!

Well, I survived the week and was able to get to the gym on Friday and Saturday!

One of the challenges I had this past week was the fact that I was unable to really pack lunches for myself. I had several meetings that were working meetings both during lunch and dinner. I am trying to teach myself that I can still eat healthy while ordering off a restaurant menu.

I will not lie I did go astray and had a beer, a glass of wine or a few bites of an appetizer, but I am not going to beat myself up! I did my best and overall I feel I did fine. I know I will be faced with these challenges everyday because this is life! The thing is I am more aware of what I am doing now and not just closing my eyes. I am reading the menu and asking questions about how the meal is cooked and what is in the meal. I am still learning and have so much more to learn.

So, today is my rest day and I will be back at he gym tomorrow for another week of workouts and another day closer to my goal! Until then we will be going to the last game of my daughters soccer tournament and later this evening we are all going to see a movie.

2 comments:

  1. Eating out is tough but doable. All things in moderation eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sure! Funny thing is that it is like a secret menu with restaurants. Some will have a low-cal/healthy menu listed and others you need to ask them for it.

    ReplyDelete