Monday, January 4, 2010

What a Day!

Holy Cow Batman! today was a heck of a day at work. I had a pretty good idea it was going to be a little busy, but today was a humdinger and the my gym time almost didn't happen!

It started off with me getting about 30 min late. Now, I am only 18 miles from my office in Los Angeles, Ca, but if you get on that freeway at the wrong time you are looking at an easy hour commute or more. I end up about 15 min late and grab a cup of joe(black) and get up to my office. I don't even have a chance to turn on my computer and I have staff at my desk and the phone ringing.

I had planned to leave a bit early as I had promised Dyan that I would take Nick to music lessons. I should have known better to think that was going to happen! (getting home early)

My intentions were to get home early hit the gym for about an hour or so run back home pick up Nick and then off to music lessons. Wrong! I forgot that we had to pick up my nephew across town so he could go lessons with us. Well, we made it to lessons on time, but I did not make it to the gym until almost 6:45.

The reason I wanted to go early was I new that everyone and their brother would be there being Monday after the New Year, and I was correct.

It was like a Disneyland. Not a treadmill or elliptical to jump on! A Zumba class was in session and people were getting ready for the spin class after that.

I was able to secure a treadmill after about 10 min for a quick warm up. after that it was off to the free weights and machines. I ended up having a fantastic workout and felt good afterwards so it was well worth the wait.

Hopefully tomorrow will not be so hectic...

1 comment: