Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Decade, A New Year and a New Me?

Yesterday January 2nd was my first day back in the gym since the 30th. Actually both my wife (Dyan)and I had are first workouts of the New Year. It was nice to get back to the routine.

I have a busy next 2 weeks , but my intentions over those weeks is to try and maintain the 4 workouts a week. I am pretty sure over the last month or so things have slowed down at work for most as I know that they have for me. With the New Year here and a return to work tomorrow "life kicks up again" Kid's back at school so evening homework is back in the mix of things, Nick's music lessons resume, Rachyl's spring soccer practice starts and I have a new staff member to train at the office!

This morning we are getting a late start and I still am trying to motivate the kids to get chores complete. Dy and I plan on going to catch a movie around 2:30 or so and then come home and it is off to the gym for and evening workout.

With 2010 just starting off I hope I can remain motivated over the next months. I know I will have some challenges ahead of me and the road will not be all downhill, but I am trying to stay focused and on track. Some days I think "Will I be able to do this" and I have to answer with "I have to" and keep reminding myself that this is not only for me, but for my wife and kids.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great reasons for getting in control. My wife and kid are one of my motivators too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Andrew. This is something I should have done a decade ago. But as they say it is never to late.

    ReplyDelete