Monday, December 28, 2009

My Journey begins...

Well, my journey begin back in late July. I was driving to work one morning and noticed a sign for a casting call for "The Biggest Loser" season 9. I phoned my brother to see if he was interested in going to the casting call with me as they were looking for couples for the upcoming season.
Now let me tell you a bit about my brother. My Bro is 3 years younger than me. He is 6 feet 3 inches and weighs in at 405 pounds! Now the dynamics of our family is this. On my fathers side hypertension runs in the family along with high cholesterol. I have been fortunate enough that I have not been diagnosed with these ailments yet even though I weighed 325 pounds. I figured it was just going to be a matter of time before I was struck with these medical problems if I continued down the path I was on. My brother has not been so fortunate and he has to take medication for both and is type 2 diabetic! So I figured I needed to lose weight and so does he we might as well face the music.
So, we go to the casting call and we both look like fit people! I was amazed at the size of the people that were there. We meet with a casting director and have or interview and think nothing of it after we leave. As we take off we both decide we are hungry and we want Lunch so we got this place in LA called "Pinks" now they are famous for there chili hot dogs http://www.pinkshollywood.com/.
We arrive and place are order and we each devour 2 10" dogs and split a huge order of onion rings and chili fries! Below is the picture of us at Pinks!



So we get a call back for Biggest Loser and we have an on camera interview. They like us and inform us that they need us to fill out some paperwork submit some pictures and make a video. We do some filming and watch the video and then reality hits us like a 2x4 upside the head WE ARE TWO FAT MEN! I was embarrassed and sad that I let myself get that big! My brother and I have a great sense of humor and laughed it off, but you could see it botherd both of us.

Below is a few of the pictures we submitted.



THE STORY CONTINUES TOMORROW...



No comments:

Post a Comment