Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Casting continued and a new Gym membeship!

Ok, to continue are "Biggest Loser" casting short adventure. Both my brother and I submit all the things they need such as pictures, bio, video and paperwork and the waiting game begins. As we wait for a call or email I really begin to think about what I am going to do and how I am going to lose weight. In the mean time we have several contacts with the casting company and we are being considered! WOW! Both of us are excited and then we get the call...

"Sorry, we really liked you guys but the network is looking for couples that are bigger!" I say "Between the two of us we weigh over 700 pounds." "Sorry, but we would like you try for next season or we have a few more shows in the development" I am thinking "so you want us to hold off until January and try again in hopes that we pack on a few more pounds so we are bigger!"

To make a long story short we both look at each other and say "What the hell! we're to skinny."

So, that ends or "Biggest Loser" adventure...

After that over the next few weeks I am really thinking about how I am going to go about losing weight. 1) Do I buy some home gym equipment? (which will end up as a place to hang my clothes) or 2) join a local gym? (a potential money pit). Both will cost me money which I am short of but I need to do something. As I contemplate what I am going to do my brother tells me he is really considering the lap band. I decide on a local gym that is opening up near my house and he decides on the band. He is excited about the band I ask him to come with me and join the gym and we can do this together. He says in his own words that he wants to do the band.

So, I visit the staff at the gym and sign up. The funny thing it's not even done being built! When I join it is mid-August and they tell me it should be done the first of September.
Not even close it doesn't open till the first week in October.

Now, knowing I will be going to the gym once it opens I begin to attempt to change my eating habits sometime in late August. I weigh myself and I am 317 lbs starting September. A month later as I start at the gym I weigh myself again...

I am at 321! WTF!

I have to ask myself "Will this work or am I just throwing away my money for the next 2 years with this stupid membership!"

Next...My first months at the Gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment