Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First day at the gym, machines, trainers and the internet!

Well, October finally rolls around and the Gym by the house is open for business. Now let me also mention my Wife has also joined with me as we will be doing this together. Do I tell her what is going thru my mind for real.. Heck No!

So we go in show them the contract and Bang! they take are picture and give us are membership cards and a brief tour of the complete faciltiy. The next evening we show up with workout towels and waters in hand. But, I have no idea were to begin.. I am a bit overwhelmed.. I look around and I am still baffled.

Now, let me remind you I have never had a gym membership in my life. As for the equipment in this place it reminds me of one of those medivel toture chambers. So I find the least intimitating thing...

The Treadmill! I figure I can't screw this up!

So, I figure out how this thing works push a button here, a button there get my Ipod going and start walking.

45 min later we are done we pack up are stuff and drive home. That's it! Later that evening I think "I need to do some research and figure out what machines to use and how to workout."

The next day I Google away. I read all sorts of things and don't know how many sites I visited. Now with my brain on overload and ready to explode. I am more confused than when I started.

Still attendance at the gym is regular and I jump between the treadmill and the newly discovered elliptical machine. I narrow my web sites to a few that have forums that I can troll around on and try and set up a plan of attack. Then it dawns on me as part of the membership we get 1 free consultation with a fitness trainer. I plan on taking full advantage of that or not!

I locate a trainer and ask hem about the "free session". He is more than happy to sit down with me. He begins with asking what my goals are and I explain lose weight and gain some muscle. He says he can help and I say "Fantastic!" He takes me to the floor and we do a few workouts. Now, don't get me wrong I think this is great, but I want to find out more about the machines and how to use them. 20 min we are done and we go back to the desk and then it happens I should have seen it coming like a train THE SALES PITCH!

I though I was buying a car and I HATE buying a car! when we are done I walk away still unfamiliar with the machines. Google here I come again!

On a side note I did get my free training session...

No comments:

Post a Comment